International Symposium on Barnacle Biology at Seto MBL 2014
Date: June 9 (Mon) 2014
Place: Seto Marine Biological Laboratory, Kyoto University, Shirahama, Wakayama
- Yoichi Yusa (Nara Women's Univ.): "Feeding specialization in barnacles"
- Maki Nakamura (Nara Women's Univ.): "Development of microsatellite markers in Scalpellum stearnsii using a next-generation sequencer"
- Hendry Wijayanti (Nara Women's Univ.): "Plastic sexual expression in the androdioecious barnacle Octolasmis warwickii, with some notes on larval rearing"
- Kota Sawada (Sokendai): "Dwarf males in a symbiotic barnacle Octolasmis unguisiformis and their implications to sexual system evolution"
- Keiju Okano (Akita Pref. Univ.): "Next generation sequencing approaches for barnacle studies"
- Jens T. Høeg (Univ. of Copenhagen): "Position of Cirripedia in the Thecostraca: Phylogeny and character evolution"
- Benny K. K. Chan (Academia Sinica): "Intertidal barnacles in the Indo-Pacific: Cryptic diversity, phylogeography & climate change"
- Ryota Hayashi (Seikai Natn. Fish. Res. Inst.): "Beautiful illustrations: barnacle ecology from historical records and field research"
- Ryusuke Kado (Kitasato Univ.): "A new alien barnacle Perforatus perforates in northeast Honshu, Japan and its range expansion in relation to the Great East Japan Earthquake"
- Hiromi Watanabe (JAMSTEC): "Biogeography of deep-sea hydrothermal vent barnacles"
- Shigeyuki Yamato (Kyoto Univ.): "Dwarf males in symbiotic pedunculate barnacles"
- Sachi Yamaguchi (Kanagawa Univ.): "Evolution of sex determination and sexually dimorphic larval sizes in parasitic barnacles"
- Ryuta Yoshida (Ryukyu Univ.): "Undescribed Peltogasterella sp. recorded from Okinawa Island, and its life cycle"
- Mark J. Grygier (Lake Biwa Museum) , Mieko Komatsu, Takayuki Ito (formerly Toyama Univ.), and Hiroyuki Tachikawa (Natural History Museum, Chiba): "Recent findings on Dendrogaster and Petrarca (Ascothoracida) parasitic in Japanese seastars and deepwater corals"